Tin Tossin’ Wednesday
*building in weight to a 5 rep heavy and then a 3 rep heavy. Not looking to get to a 5rm or 3rm, but building to a solid set of 5 and 3 with no deviation in form.
Midline Cash Out
20 Flutter Kicks
15 Banded Good Mornings
10 Standing Lateral Leg Raises
Monthly Challenge for November is “Nutrition Awareness.” Log what you are eating in a journal or on the my fitness app, and make quality whole food changes to your daily meals.
Bring a Friend Day this Thursday November 2nd!
Athlete of the Month
Congrats to Ross Smith! Our October AOM! Here are a couple questions to get to know him a little better!
1) If you could choose the playlist for the class workout of the day, what would be your very first song on the playlist?
Man, that’s a tough one cuz I like alot of music, If I had to choose however, it would be Back in Black by AC/DC…..true classic like myself……lol
2) What is your favorite food?
Absolutely Hands Down…….a big ass slab of STEAK
3) If you could choose a superhero power, what would it be?
To be invisible…..could have some fun with that!!
4) You just won a million dollars! What is the first thing you would purchase?!
The first thing I would purchase would be an old Muscle Car………….surprised??…
5) What is your favorite activity to do outside of the gym?
The 3 F’s…..Friends, Family and Fishing…….not necessarily in that order!!
6) How did you get into crossfit and what do you like about it?
There was another box that had opened up in town a little while back, it was right next to my shop so I had no excuse. Went in and loved it!! I enjoy the tight community bond that comes with that, too.
7) What is your favorite crossfit movement?
8) If you had any advice to give someone thinking about trying CrossFit what would it be?
My advice is “try it”….don’t be intimidated by what you’re told or what you read…..”try it”….don’t feel you will be judged, you are there for one thing and one thing only, and that is for yourself. To better yourself, to improve yourself, to challenge yourself. At the right box you will be shown proper technique, you will be supported by others there and you’ll be treated like family. And that is exactly what happens at ” Behind the Pines” and that is why this old fart CrossFits! If I can do it……so can you!!!! See Ya There!!!