Dumbbell Power cleans
Dumbbell Front squats
About Michael H. Simpson
U.S. Army Staff Sgt. Michael H. Simpson, 30, of San Antonio, Texas, died May 1, 2013, from injuries caused by an improvised explosive device on April 27, 2013, in Arian, Afghanistan. Simpson, nicknamed “The Unquiet Professional,” was assigned to the 4th Battalion, 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne), Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington. He is survived by his wife, Krista; sons, Michael and Gabe; sister, Abigail; brothers, David and Isaac; parents, Michael W. and Barbara; and many other friends and family. Donations can be made in his name to The Unquiet Professional , www.theunquietprofessional.org, a nonprofit organization started by the family and benefitting Gold Star Families.
Athlete of the Month
Congrats to Jake on being our Athlete of the Month for November! Here are some questions to get to know Jake a little better!
1. If you could choose the playlist for the class workout of the day, what would be your very first song on the playlist?
First song would have to be the she’s out of her mind by blink 182
2. What is your favorite food?
3. If you could choose a superhero power, what would it be?
Super speed it would be so much fun whipping around
4. What emoji do you use most in text messages?
5. You just won a million dollars! What is the first thing you would purchase?!
Purchase a pet monkey to hangout with
6. What is your favorite activity to do outside of the gym?
Love to catch a good movie
7. How did you get into crossfit and what do you like about it?
Travis told me that it’ll be a great way to get in shape I came to a class and got my butt kicked and it was awesome. Hope to use it to get ready for police academy
8. What is your favorite crossfit movement?
Favorite CrossFit movement is box jumps
9. If you had any advice to give someone thinking about trying CrossFit what would it be?
Advice to people would be to try it and have an open mind. If looks complicated online but with a good coach it’s easy to jump into